Last updated on February 16th, 2021 at 01:31 pm
I grew up with Wacky Cake being a staple in my home especially when the chickens were not producing eggs. It has no eggs and no butter and no milk and contains one ingredient you don’t normally see in cake recipes–that is why it’s called Wacky. But despite its odd list of ingredients is a super moist and delicious chocolate cake.
Wacky Cake: A Vegan Friendly Chocolate Cake Recipe! No Milk Or Eggs
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
You won’t be messing up a bowl or your mixer for this one.
All you need to make Wacky Cake is:
- a 9×13 pan
- liquid ingredient measuring cup
- a spatula or wooden spoon
- dry ingredient measuring cups
- measuring spoons
The ingredients you need to make Wacky Cake are:
- unbleached flour
- baking soda
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- white vinegar
- olive oil (or your preferred type of oil)
- warm water
The First Four Steps For Making Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix up all the dry ingredients in your 9×13 pan.
- Make 3 holes in your dry ingredients, 2 small and one large.
- Pour the vinegar in one, the vanilla in another, and in the large one the oil.
The Last 3 Steps For Making Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Pour 2 cups of warm water over the dry ingredients.
- Stir it all up until it is well mixed–Make sure to really get into the corners of the pan.
- Place it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This will be the end result! It’s yummy by itself BUT…
This recipe also makes 12 delicious giant cupcakes!
3 More Recipes For Chocolate Lovers
- 3 cups unbleached flour (white wheat would work too)
- 1tsp soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups warm water
- mix all the dry ingredients into your 9 x13 pan
- make 3 holes in the dry ingredients
- add vinegar to one hole
- add oil to the second hole
- add vanilla to the third hole
- Pour 2 cups warm water over the entire pan.
- mix ingredients well.
- Place in preheated oven of 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!