(post contains affiliate links see disclosure)
Chocolate bark is a very adaptable recipe. Here is how I adapt it for Christmas gift giving.
To create the bark, my daughter crumbled the Oreos for me by placing them in a ziplock bag and using her hands to break them up into small pieces. She then placed the peppermint candies in a ziplock bag and used a rolling pin to crunch them up a bit before I placed them in my food processor where I made them into a course sugar like texture.
Once the bark was spread out on a pan I then took around 1/4 of a cup of crushed peppermints and dusted the top of the bark and then lightly pressed them into the bark with a back of a metal spoon.
This is one of my favorite recipes to give as gifts as it is simple to make and simple to package.
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (shortening or butter will also work)
- 1 cup broken Oreo bits
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies to garnish
- place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave save bowl
- place in microwave on high 1 minute
- place in microwave on high another minute
- if needed place in microwave on high one last minute
- mixture should be completely melted
- add in Oreo cookies and crushed peppermints
- place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and spread out the mixture until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- sprinkle additional crushed peppermint candies on top and use a back of a metal spoon to lightly press them into the chocolate
- place in freezer for one hour too cool
- remove from pan, remove wax paper and break up the chocolate