These chocolate truffles contain just 3 ingredients butter, powdered sugar (a.k.a. icing sugar) and cocoa.
You will also need something to roll them in. I have made these truffles for close to 20 years and I am still discovering yummy things to coat them with.
I have dipped them in chocolate. Rolled them in coconut and sprinkles but this year…..
First always make sure to take your butter out hours before you intend to make truffles so that is soft.
Second cut the butter up into small pieces and use the back of a metal spoon to blend it in the other ingredients.
One last tip, don’t make your truffles too large you want people to be able to pop them in their mouth and enjoy.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- leave butter out to soften several hours
- combine cocoa and powdered sugar
- cut butter up into pieces and add into ingredients
- blend with the back of a metal spoon
- do final blending with clean hands
- form bite size balls
- roll in what ever toppings you want: coconut, sprinkles, ground peppermint candies, ground Oreo Cookies, or coat in melted chocolate.
- Makes roughly 20 truffles