Last updated on August 5th, 2020 at 01:54 pm
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
With a title that contains the words, chocolate, peppermint and cookie, how can you not fall in love with chocolate peppermint cookie bark.
Chocolate bark is a very adaptable recipe. Here is how I adapt it for Christmas gift giving.
I added in 1 cup crumbled Oreo cookies and 1/2 cup ground peppermint candies to the melted chocolate chips and coconut oil mixture.
To create the bark, my daughter crumbled the Oreos for me by placing them in a ziplock bag and using her hands to break them up into small pieces. She then placed the peppermint candies in a ziplock bag and used a rolling pin to crunch them up a bit before I placed them in my food processor where I made them into a course sugar like texture.
Once the bark was spread out on a pan I then took around 1/4 of a cup of crushed peppermints and dusted the top of the bark and then lightly pressed them into the bark with a back of a metal spoon.
This is one of my favorite recipes to give as gifts as it is simple to make and simple to package
More No Bake Christmas Treat Recipes
These treats also make excellent Christmas gifts …
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (shortening or butter will also work)
- 1 cup broken Oreo bits
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candies to garnish
- place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave save bowl
- place in microwave on high 1 minute
- place in microwave on high another minute
- if needed place in microwave on high one last minute
- mixture should be completely melted
- add in Oreo cookies and crushed peppermints
- place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet and spread out the mixture until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- sprinkle additional crushed peppermint candies on top and use a back of a metal spoon to lightly press them into the chocolate
- place in freezer for one hour too cool
- remove from pan, remove wax paper and break up the chocolate
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!