(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
Its too hot to cook lately, so I have been digging in my recipe books, boxes and binders for desserts that don’t require putting on the oven. Dirt cake has got to be one of my favorite no bake desserts.
I like using my trifle bowl for pretty presentation, but any bowl or even a 9 by 13 pan would work.
It doesn’t take long to throw together. I crush the Oreo cookies in my food processor but if you don’t have one you can place them in a ziplock bag and beat them with a wooden rolling pin (I have done this before and it is great for frustrations.
Dirt cake is a great dish to bring to a summer potluck I have not come across a person yet who doesn’t like Dirt Cake.
- 1 pint heavy whipping creme
- 2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 box creme cheese
- ½ cup icing (powdered) sugar
- 2 boxes Oreo style cookies
- 1 bag gummy worms or sour worms
- Mix together the chocolate pudding with the milk and beat for two minutes.
- Place pudding mixture in fridge
- Whip up the heavy creme
- Cube up the creme cheese and add it too the freshly whipped creme
- Add in the icing sugar
- Add in the chocolate pudding
- Place oreo cookies in food processor and blend till crumbles. (If you don't have a food processor place them in a ziploc bag and beat them with a rolling pin they will large pieces but that won't matter)
- Place a layer of pudding mixture down in your container
- Layer on top a ⅓ of the cookie crumbles
- Place another layer of pudding mixture on top of cookie crumbles
- Layer another ⅓ of cookies
- Place another layer of pudding mixture on top
- Finish with the last ⅓ of the cookie crumbles
- Top with gummy worms
- Keep in the fridge until it is time to serve.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!