(post contains referral links: see disclosure)
Did you know that there are companies that will reward you for sharing them with your friends?
Before I had a blog I just had a Facebook account. On that account I would often share great finds with my Facebook friends. Often companies that I shared offered what they called referral links, which made sharing their company very simple and rewarding.
I say rewarding because often these companies would give me something in return for the business I brought them through referral links I shared on Facebook. Sometimes it was extra points that I could cash in later for gift cards. Other times I got store credit that I could cash in for free product.
Yep, you read that right. You don’t need to have a blog to benefit from these referral programs. However, there are a few friendly sharing rules you need to follow.
Friendly Sharing Rules
- Share only companies you have tried out and like.
- Share links sparingly so as to not to become annoying (I suggest no more than one or two a week mixed in with regular social media updates, like pictures of your cute baby, etc)
- Explain why the company would be beneficial to your friends for example instead of saying, “Please use my links I desperately want the $10 referral credit so I can buy my purchase at a deeper discount!” Say “This company has great prices on woman’s clothing plus when you use my link you get $10 off your first order.”
- If you have a blog, you must disclose that the links you are sharing through social media sites related to your blog are referral links. If the link goes to a blog post, you have to disclose it in the post.
- Before you share think, “Would I share this even if I wasn’t rewarded for it?” If the answer is no, don’t share.
- If a friend asks questions about the company, make sure to answer them promptly and be 100% honest.
In other words–obey the rule of people over profit.
Over the years I have discovered a large amount of companies offering referral links and I thought it would be fun to list them all in one blog post. And yes, these are all referral links. One of the benefits of being a blogger is that I now have one more place to share my finds and my referral links.
(psst…I did break my own rule and shared a few for companies I have not personally tried, but come highly recommended from bloggers I trust simply because I wanted to make this list as big and helpful as possible. A website that might not be a great fit for me might be a great for you.)
40+ Companies That Reward You For Sharing Them
Daily Deal Sites
Online Clothing Consignment Style Stores
Grocery & Shopping Apps
20. Yaarlo (enter VICTORIA424 when you sign up for a bonus)
21. Receipt Hog (enter YECT1667 when you sign up for a bonus)
Online Cash Back Companies
Discounted Gift Card Companies
Razor Clubs & Discounted Sites
27. Dorco USA (inexpensively priced razors–no monthly subscription necessary)
28.Dollar Shave Club (monthly subscription that can be slowed down to suit your needs)
Various Other Companies
29. Ting (economical cell phone company)
30. Boxed.com (online warehouse store without the membership fee–you can only refer a small amount of people, but hey, free groceries)
31. Shutterfly (offered off and on and what it is that is offered depends)
32. Yerdle (an online swap community)
33. Golden Tote (monthly clothing service- except you choose what months you want to buy)
34. Erin Condren (sells planners, journals and personalized stationary)
35.. Dropbox (invite friends and earn more storage)
36. Educents (sells school supplies at great prices, has a daily deal area too)
37. Time4Learning (Online homeschooling site (our family personally uses this for history and English)
38. My Starbucks Rewards (yep, earn free coffee!)
Natural and Organic Food & Cleaner Online Stores
39. Vita Cost (online natural foods and vitamin store)
40. Lucky Vitamin (online natural foods and vitamin store)
41. ePantry (now called Grove) (household cleaners & personal products delivered to your doorstep)
42. Thrive Market (online organic foods & natural cleaners warehouse club)
43. Tyndale Rewards
44.. Paperback Swap
Hopefully this list contains a few websites or services you are already using that you didn’t even realize you could earn referral credit from. Remember though, always practice the friendly sharing rules so that you don’t become “that friend.” You know, the one who always seems to be pushing something on Facebook when you really wish you could just see pictures of their cat doing silly things (or whatever it is that makes you laugh when you scroll Facebook).
You don’t have to share referral links to make money from some of the programs on this list. Here is how you can earn $100 in gift cards each month using a few point reward programs mentioned on this list.
If you found this post to be useful, make sure you don’t miss my latest posts! Have them delivered to your inbox by signing up for my weekly newsletter. Get to know the blogger behind the blog by following me on Facebook or Instagram.