(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
So I was munching on an applesauce oatmeal breakfast bar when it suddenly I start thinking “I wonder if this would work with pumpkin: and like that Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars were born.
I altered the recipe just a little adding in another egg as otherwise the recipe was kind of dry. The result was moist and yummy breakfast bars, perfect for those mornings when you got to grab breakfast as you rush out the door, even though you got up at 4:30 and it is now 7:30, because you got so caught up in blogging you forgot to eat.
Or is that just me? Well whatever is causing you to rush these pumpkin oatmeal bars are the perfect grab and go breakfast.
Ingredients For Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- white wheat flour
- pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- quick oats
- baking soda
If you want you might want to add in a cup of crushed walnuts or perhaps some chocolate chips.
Want to start your morning off right? Sign up for the 14 day course Make Over Your Mornings and learn what you can do each morning to start your day off right. Psst… Crystal doesn’t tell you when to get up…that is up to you…she just shares how to start the day off with intention so that you live the day thriving instead of surviving.
- 1½ cup pumpkin puree (either store bought or homemade if fine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white wheat flour (you could also used unbleached)
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- (optional 1 cup crushed walnuts or 1 cup chocolate chip or ½ cup of each)
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- lightly grease a 9 by 13 baking pan
- in a large bowl mix together sugar and butter
- add in pumpkin and stir
- add in eggs and stir
- add in dry ingredients and mix well
- stir in optional nuts or chocolate chips if desired
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean, or blade of knife)
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving
- (these freeze well so you can make a double batch if you have 2 pans)
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!