Last updated on December 15th, 2022 at 01:24 pm
Nothing tastes better on a cold evening than a pot of cork pot beef stew served with fresh bread machine dinner rolls and the company of a few friends.
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
Here are a few tips:
1. I always boil my stew meat the day I buy it and then when it cools I place it in freezer bags that way all I have to do on the day I want to make stew is take out a freezer bag of precooked meat and dump it in the crock pot.
2. If you are in a hurry you can boil the vegetables on the stove too until they are barely soft and then place them in the crock pot on high and serve it within two hours, but I much prefer to put my vegetables in raw and turn it on low 6 to 8 hours. I think the vegetables add more flavor that way.
3. Other cuts of beef work just as well as stew meat for this recipe. I have used marked down cheaper cuts of round roast steaks before with great success.
Crock Pot Beef Stew
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 15 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 1 packet of stew mix
- 3 shakes of worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 6 to 8 sliced carrots
- 6 to 8 peeled and sliced potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- boil beef in a pot until cooked and then place in crock pot
- add tomato sauce
- stir in stew mix
- stir in worcestershire sauce and a few dashes of pepper
- add cut up carrots and potatoes
- turn crock pot up to high for 6 to 8 hours
- when carrots and potatoes are just slightly tender add in frozen peas and cook for 1 more hour.
Become A Snail Pacer
Receive a monthly newsletter full of tips for making life changes at a realistic pace.