(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
If you are like our family every Thanksgiving and Christmas you cook enough for an army. Once the guests have left you are stuck with a cram packed fridge of leftover turkey, ham and more. Here are a few ideas for what to do with those holiday leftovers.
10 Ways to Use Up Holiday Leftovers
What To Do With Leftover Turkey
1. Chicken and Stuffing Bake potentially gets rid of 3 leftovers at once. Replace the chicken in it with turkey, throw in your leftover stuffing and cover it with your leftover gravy and follow the cooking directions for a yummy, simple meal. No leftover stuffing? That is okay boxed stuffing works just as well with this recipe.
2. Replace the chicken with turkey in my Chicken Pot Pie recipe and use up several cups full of your leftover turkey.
3. Buffalo Chicken Chili: For those of you who share my love of hot and spicy dishes this chili recipe sounds like it has some serious heat.
4. White Chipotle Chicken Chili: A classic recipe with a bit of kick to it for spicy food lovers.
What To Do With Leftover Ham
5. Cold November and December days scream soup! Here is a recipe for Ham and Potato Corn Chowder to quiet that scream.
6. Make up a batch of Ham and Cheese Pockets. Eat some for lunch and then freeze the rest for later. This is how our family likes to save time when we make these.
7. Try a classic slow cooker ham and bean soup recipe.
What To Do With Turkey And Ham leftovers
8. Perhaps your family had a big feast that contained both turkey and ham, I made up Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole for my family not too long ago, and all five of us loved it (believe me it is rare to find a dish we all like).
Freeze Those Leftovers And Enjoy Them Later
10. If your whole family is bored of turkey and ham served up different ways for days, you can always freeze it by cutting it into cubes and placing it on cookie sheets. An hour or so later you can toss the now frozen meat into a gallon Ziploc bag. Whala, easy to use bite-size meat for quick casserole assembly.
I would love to hear your suggestions on what to do with holiday leftovers? Leave it in the comment section.
3 More Posts You Are Going To Want To Check Out…
- No Bake Christmas Series
- 5 Ways To Take The Stress Out Of Holiday Baking
- 20 Tips For Fabulous Sugar Cookies