The other night, it was hot and I was tired, but dinner does not seem to cook itself so I looked at our menu and nothing was looking good. I then looked through the cupboards and came up with an idea.
Out of that idea Chicken and Stuffing Bake was created, and my family has added another dish to our list of favorites (well 3 out off 5 of us, which is a hit for our house of ultra picky eaters).
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 box stuffing
- ½ to 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used parmesan)
- In a medium sized pan, on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add in flour and stir
- Add in milk and stir
- Add in salt and stir
- Add in 1 cup chicken broth
- Allow to thicken just a bit.
- Set pan aside.
- Cook up stuffing box according to package directions
- Place the 3 cups chicken in a 9 by 12 pan.
- Pour pan of sauce on top
- Spoon stuffing on top
- Garnish with shredded cheese of choice (I used parmesan)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
My family loved it just as is served up with a side of veggies and salad, but I am thinking you could add in some chopped celery and onions for a bit more flavor if you wish.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!