My family loves my hamburger buns.
These buns freeze well. A normal batch makes 8 buns. I however have 2 bread machines so I make up 16 at a time.
After probably at least 6 tries, I finally got the size down as well as the recipe tweaks to make it more to my families liking.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- ¼ cup dry (powdered) milk
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tsp yeast
- Place all ingredients in the bread maker according to manufacturers instructions
- Set to dough cycle
- When done, divide dough up into 8 equal portions
- First form dough balls then flatten them out and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Wrap the cookie sheet firmly in plastic wrap and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 375 degrees
- Remove the plastic wrap from buns and place in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
How about you? Do you play around with recipes till you get them to suit your family the better?