(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
Peppermint anything is one of my favorite holiday flavors. Ice cream is one of my favorite treats. Put the two together and you have a combination I have trouble staying away from, although with my kids help this temptation didn’t last for long.
My Peppermint Candy Ice Cream contains just 4 ingredients:
(I know the picture shows vanilla but I was making several recipes at once and messed up when I snapped the picture it should be a bottle of peppermint extract in the picture, not vanilla, sorry 🙂 )
The recipe is so simple to make my 10 year old can make it all on her own. It also takes just a few minutes to prepare. It does however take an entire day to freeze, so you will have to wait a while to enjoy it.
I use to make my no machine needed ice-cream recipes in a huge glass measuring cup with a lid, but then I saw a picture in a magazine of a similar recipe and they had used a rectangular pyrex container with a lid . I tried it this time and I love it! much easier to scoop.
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping creme
- 2 to 3 drops of peppermint extract
- ½ cup of crushed peppermint candies
- Whip the heavy whipping creme in a freezer safe glass or metal container (one with a lid) using an electric hand mixer until firm
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Add in peppermint extract and crushed candies and stir well
- Place lid on container and allow to freeze 10 to 12 hours
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!