Last updated on September 15th, 2021 at 11:21 pm
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I have been experimenting with a couple of different Lara Bar recipes as of late. I started tweaking them, changing out this ingredient for that ingredient switching sweeteners, adding extra ingredients until this last bath where I got them adjusted perfectly to my sweet tooth liking.
In fact I think they taste more like cookie dough than they do Lara bars now and yet they are sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup and a few chocolate chips (which you could omit if you want to , or replace with carob chips for an even healthier indulgence). Far less sugar, and empty calories than one would find in real cookie dough.
I prefer rolling them into balls, but you could take a smaller pan and squish them into a bar.
I like placing the balls on a cookie sheet and then putting the in the freezer for one hour. I then put them all in a ziploc bag in the freezer and either pop them in my mouth frozen. You could also store them in your fridge if you prefer.
Each one is about 2 bites worth each and is right around 150 calories, and are extremely yummy, and healthy!
Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts or cashews
- 14 large whole dates
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place peanuts and walnuts in a food processor and combine until they are finely ground
- Add Dates and Cocoa powder and processes till dough is crumbly
- Add Maple Syrup 1 tbsp at a time processing for one minute in between each tablespoon
- After 3 tbsp of syrup the dough should be one uniform mass, if not add a bit more syrup.
- Place dough in bowl
- Add in chocolate chips
- Form into 13 to 14 walnut sized balls
- Chill, store, and enjoy!
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!