I love a good chewy cookie. I love oats and I love coconut. Dad’s cookies have all three.
Dad’s cookies is a recipe from the recipe box I inherited from my mother. I have know idea where the recipe originated from or why its called Dad’s cookies. I do know however, that they taste great.
Dad’s cookies also freeze extremely well.
Just make sure to allow the dough balls to thaw a bit before cooking so that you can squish the cookies with the back of a fork before placing them in the oven.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups quick oats
- Cream together butter and coconut oil.
- Blend in sugars.
- Lightly beat eggs and then blend in.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix together.
- Add in coconut and oats.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls.
- Flatten balls with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!