Today is my 40th birthday, and I thought it would make a great excuse to share with you more than I usually do about the woman who writes Snail Pace Transformation: Me.
I would love to find out more about you as well. So if you manage to make it to the end of this very long list, please leave a comment telling me one thing about yourself. It can be something quirky, or something common. I don’t care which, I just want to know who you are and a bit about you. I really do love getting to know my readers.
40 Things You Might Not Know About Me
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
These are in no particular order but just as they rolled out of my head and on to the keyboard.
1. I have a Tattoo.
2. I met my husband at 18 years of age.
3. I was married at 21 years of age.
4. I had my first child a few weeks shy of my 22nd birthday.
5. Yes that is right I have a honeymoon baby, born on Valentine’s day we like bugging him by calling him our love child.
6. I am a tad sarcastic (okay so tad might be replaced by extremely depending on who you talk to).
7. I love dark chocolate.
8. I love ginger anything. Ginger beer, candied ginger, chocolate covered ginger, gingerbread cookies….I could go on.
9. My favorite go to snack is a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed with a tablespoon or two of chocolate chips.
10. I am afraid of bats, butterflies and moths, basically anything that flutters.
11. I have ran 3 marathons, and am planning to run my 4th this fall.
12. I am a very annoying morning person just ask my night owl husband. I wake up perky and full of words.
13. I am pretty sure if I stopped dying my hair, that it would be about 80% grey.
14. My husband has on occasion thrown my running shoes at me and told me “go out there and run that poor mood away”, and it always works.
15. I am not good at sitting still, which is why I knit. If we ever meet face to face, and I start knitting as you talk, you are not boring me; actually I find you so interesting that I am doing all I can to give you my utmost attention and knitting helps me do that.
16. I might be good at grocery shopping for less but the actual gathering of it I hate.
17. Crowds make me break into a sweat.
18. I had a wedding of less than 50 people including the wedding party because of number 17, who wants to spend their big day sweating.
19. My husband planned our wedding, I didn’t do much at all. I dreamed only of the perfect mate never of the big day.
20. I was 45 minutes late to my own wedding (long story), and I would be again only because of the photo my friend caught of my husband sweating it out while he waited, every time I look at that photo it reminds me that he loves me deeply.
21. I did not get my first cavity until after my first child. I then got another one after my second child, and a third and final one after my third child. Apparently children give me cavities.
22. My biggest PMS craving is for cherry coke and cheeseburgers, yet the rest of the month these two things do not appeal to me at all.
23. I would rather spend my birthday spending every hour of the day with a different friend than have a large party. In other words I love one on one time much better than group gatherings.
24. During one of my marathons I sent a text to my husband to bring me a cherry coke, he never did and I still might not have fully forgiven him for that.
25. I once lost my pants in Costco. Well not completely lost them. I was pregnant with my first leaned over to grab a giant sized can of something when the button on my pregnancy pants popped and before I could drop the can of something the pants were near my ankles, and yes people did see it. Thankfully it was just one kind lady who took off and then came back with a safety pin.
26. For fun as a teenager I would drive my mountain bike off a steep river bank into the water several feet below and then coast down the rapids with my bike in hand to the shore line. Looking back I should have probably feared this more than the moths and butterflies I mentioned above.
27. As a working teenager I always volunteered to work on school dance nights if needed, again it was the crowd thing. Not my cup of tea.
28. I love all kinds of tea. Iced tea, green tea, black tea, herbal tea. I could go on I think I currently have 8 to 10 types of tea in my cupboards.
29. My favorite brand of sweet tea is Chick-fil-a of course if you follow me on Instagram you probably already know that as I share a picture of it practically every time I get it.
30. I love those new coke machines where you can pick your flavors. I always go for raspberry coke with a shot of vanilla (also works for point 22).
31. I can get a bit wrapped up in a fiction book, like to the point that I had to give up on reading fiction books when my kids were small since I tend to shut out all else when I read one. Now that the kids are bigger, if they see I am reading a certain author they all roll their eyes and say “guys it looks like we are making our own dinner tonight” (I promise I don’t do it to them often).
32. I measure the distances of road trips by how many dishcloths I knit while my husband drives. Do you know it is a 15 dishcloth ride from my home to Disney World? And that is just one way (kind of goes #15 ).
33. I am very into my routines. It drives my husband a bit crazy. I am trying to be more flexible, but at first I have to have my mini panic attack then and only then do I realize it is really no big deal if things don’t go according to my routine once and a while.
34. Every year when fall hits and the weather is the perfect temperature for a bike ride, I jump on the bike with my front pack holding my wallet and cell phone and just ride, not knowing where I will end up. Sometimes I am gone for 1/2 the day.
35. I get lost while driving a lot and my way of getting back on track to going to where I want to go is very unconventional.
36. When I was pregnant with my first child I broke everyone one of the chairs to my husband’s antique dinning room set that he bought for us just before we were married. I kept forgetting how big my rear end had gotten. I was definitely not one of those tiny basket ball out front pregnant ladies.
37. I gained 70 pounds during my first pregnancy and I blame it on the doctor that made me so afraid with her words of “if you don’t gain weight soon you will lose this baby” to my underweight self on my first prenatal visit. She scared me right into eating all the carbs I could find for 9 months. Oh, and I have not been under weight again since.
38. All three of my births were natural, not because I wanted them to be, but because I always progressed so fast that there wasn’t time.
39. I cannot stomach medical talk and yet my husband is a nurse, needless to say staff parties leave me queasy.
40. Becoming 40 does not scare me. God has given me so much to look forward too, and I can’t wait to see how it is all going to turn out.
Whew! Now that you know 40 things about me, leave me a birthday gift by telling me one thing about yourself that most people don’t know.
Want to get to know me even better? I love responding to comments left on my Facebook page, where I share not only post updates, but questions that help us get to know one another, quotes that inspire me, silly someecards that make me laugh and much more. Join the fun.
Become A Snail Pacer
Receive a monthly newsletter full of tips for making life changes at a realistic pace.