Peppermint anything is one of my favorite holiday flavors. Ice cream is one of my favorite treats. Put the two together and you have a combination I have trouble staying away from, although with my kids help this temptation didn’t last for long.
My Peppermint Candy Ice Cream contains just 4 ingredients, sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping creme, peppermint extract and crushed peppermint candies.
It is so simple to make my 10 year old can make it all on her own. It also takes just a few minutes to prepare.
It does however take an entire day to freeze, so you will have to wait a while to enjoy it.
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping creme
- 2 to 3 drops of peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint candies
- Whip the heavy whipping creme in a freezer safe glass or metal container (one with a lid) using an electric hand mixer until firm
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Add in peppermint extract and crushed candies and stir well
- Place lid on container and allow to freeze 10 to 12 hours
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy
Linked to Weekend Potluck at The Better Baker