(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
Me at the finish line of my second marathonThese are just a few random thoughts that I had one day while out for a solo long run. I found them funny but then again I might have been in the middle of a runner’s high.
Top Ten Reasons Why Marathon Running Is like Childbirth
1. Training seems to last forever and then suddenly the big day is upon you.
2. You stress for hours over what to pack for the big day.
3. You are so excited at the beginning, that you don’t even think about the pain that lies ahead.
4. You can’t eat solid foods during the journey but can’t seek them out fast enough once its done.
5. Loved ones cheer you on from the side lines, and when they blurt out words like “push just a little harder you got this” as you are nearing the end all you can think is “ Yeah right, push harder, how about I give you a bit of a push” (or harsher words that I cannot write on my blog).
6. Mile 20 could easily be labeled the “transition mile”, in which you start to forget about how excited you were in the beginning and start to remember how badly you felt the first time you tried this.
7. From mile 20 on you find yourself making all sorts of strange animal like howling sounds that you did not know your vocal cords were capable of but it does seem to ease the pain.
8. At mile 26 with just .2 miles ahead of you, you give it all you got because you can’t wait till its done.
9. At the finish line they put a medal on you and you can’t help but hold it like a new born child because you have worked so hard for it.
10. All too soon you forget about the pain of the journey and you sign up to do it all over again
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!