(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
These snickerdoodle cookies are sweet and chewy, great with a cup of tea or coffee, and so addicting you won’t be able to eat just one.
I make a double batch for my family of 5 and often that doesn’t last us more than 2 days. I think I might have discovered why though, turns out my husband’s coworkers like these so much that he brings half a dozen in his lunch every time I make them.
I use coconut oil, but you can try shortening if you want to.
I have tried making these snickerdoodle cookies into a cookie bar, which I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar topping on and I don’t recommend it, for some reason they turn out crunchy instead of chewy like they do when you make them into cookies. Too bad, I really like my quick cookie bar method.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5½ cups flour
- 2tsp creme of tartar
- 2tsp salt
- 2tsp soda
- mix 4tsp cinnamon with 4tbsps granulated sugar
- mix together butter and coconut oil
- add in sugar and blend
- add in eggs and blend
- add dry ingredients and blend
- form into one large ball and then cover and place in fridge for an hour or more
- take dough out of fridge and form it into walnut size balls
- dip top of balls in cinnamon sugar mix
- bake at 350F for 10 minutes
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!