Last updated on August 5th, 2020 at 01:42 pm
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I have been running for years now, and have tried out various different types of gear, so if you have a runner on your shopping list and you just don’t know what to get them here are a few ideas.
1. If the runner is a young mother making up a few free babysitting while your run coupons.
Make sure you specify the length of the babysitting session, because us marathon runners can run for hours!
2. Go to Lucky Vitamin and make up a gift basket of running supplements such as nuun hydration tablets (I like the mixed berry flavor) as well as Clif Shot energy gels and Clif Shot shot bloks.
4. Yaktrack Pro Traction Cleats: If your runner lives in an area that gets snow and ice in winter and they hate the treadmill as much as I do, it is safe to guess that they would love a pair of yaktracks which will lower their risk of falling significantly in icy conditions
5. Under Armour Cold Gear Compression Leggings: Over 3 years ago my husband forced my frugal self to pay for a pair of these, and mine are still going strong and keeping me warm on the coldest of days. (tip tell the runner to let them hang to dry to make them last longer)
6. Amphipod Runner’s Hydration Belt: If you are buying for a marathon runner they are going to love you for this purchase. Not only does it help keep a runner hydrated it also provides a great place to carry a cell phone, keys, and energy gels:
7. Sansa Clip MP3 Player: For those runners without a smart phone, or who don’t like to carry something that large along with them on a run, a Sansa Clip makes a great MP3 player.
8. If you loved one is truly hooked on running and does not have a GPS watch yet chances are they would attack you with hugs and kisses if you placed one under the tree (then they will make a mad dash to the door to try it out).
For Bookworm Runners
Runners love to read about running here are a few of my favorite titles:
Runners, chime in, what do you want to see under the Christmas tree this year?
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!