I got all of my fitness goals completed this week but hardly any of my goals that required large time slots.
I think there are 2 main reasons why this keeps happening.
A. I don’t do have that many large stretches of time available each day.
B. Facing a large project and the goal to stick to it for a long stretch of time is daunting to my short attention span personality so I procrastinate.
With 20 years of adult life under my belt, I know that I need to find ways to work with my personality and life season if I am to complete my goals.
To implement what I know, instead of saying I am going to spend 1 or more hours on a specific task this week I instead stated I am going to spend 1 or more hours total on that task over the course of a week.
For instance you will notice I set the goal of spending 1 to 2 hours pricing curriculum this week. Today I might be able to carve out 30 minutes to work on that goal. The next day I might just have 15 minutes available. Then perhaps for 2 days I won’t get to work on pricing at all, but on the 5th day I have 30 minutes free, and I am then past my minimum goal for pricing for the week.
1. Run 3.5 miles with son (I am slowly building up his long run hoping that he will hit 6 miles by fall). Run 6 and Run 9.
2. Do 2 strength sessions
3. Swim 60 lengths. Bike 1 hour.
4. Get tassels on my big project
purchase a new needle for my sewing machine (its not working well and I am trying to trouble shoot)
6. Spend 1 hour listing on eBay
7. Spend an hour a day for 5 days reading. ( I read probably 2 to 3 hrs)
Get back to sensible eating (being eating junky all weekend and I am feeling it)
9. Carve out a 2 to 3 hour block to work on e-book.
Carve out a 1 to 2 hour block of time to continue reading through the archives of Blogging With Amy. (my long term goal is to read all her posts)
This Weeks Goals
1. Run at a brisk pace 2 days and my long run at a slow pace.
2. Swim 70 lengths. Bike 1 hour and 20 minutes. Attend 2 strength classes
3. Finally put the tassels on my big project.
4. Sew a skirt for my daughter (if I can get my machine running well)
5. Spend 1 to 2 hours total getting our no longer used curriculum priced for an upcoming second hand curriculum sale.
6. Make a list of all the books we plan to use this year for school, to make shopping easier a the sale.
7. Spend a total of 5 hours throughout the week reading a book.
8.Keep track of my caloric intake at least 3 days.
10. Spend 2 hours total working on my e-book.
How about you? What are your goals for the week?
This post is linked to My 10 Goals for this week at Money Saving Mom
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!