Last updated on August 17th, 2019 at 03:41 am
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I am feeling recovered from last weeks disappointing marathon, at least physically.
I have been struggling with comparison and defeat all week long. Voices in my head nagging at me “you have yet to run strong the whole way and you have tried three times already”, “you are averaging only $2 a month of this blog thing, why not give it up”, “your e-book idea is silly, don’t make time to finish it” , all voices pointing to one main conclusion “you are not good enough”.
Then I wake up this morning and what does my scripture reading say “I know the plans I have for you”, “I will never neglect or abandon you”, “I have engraved you on the palms of my hands” .
So I am getting up, dusting myself off and inching forward. I may not be fast, but one way or another I will make it to my finish line, and life is about the journey not how fast we finished.
It is going to feel so good to get back to working out this week. I know it will sound weird to those of you that don’t work out regularly but I need to sweat these demons in my head out of me. I need to run with God a while, I need a good dose of He and I dialogue that the open road and miles to run allows for.
Starting this week I am going to do my weekly goal post a bit differently. I am going to share a my fitness goals and also some daily life goals. I was so inspired by Money Saving Mom’s “4 Weeks to a More Organized Home” it made me realized I need to pencil in daily life goals regularly just like I do my workouts.
Workout Goals for week.
1. Sign up for the Carmel Marathon today, (voices you are not going to stop me it doesn’t matter if I never run the whole 26.2 miles strong, what is important is the time I spend with God in the training)
2. Run once with my son (I was so touched by him last week, each time he got dressed to run alone he said words that made me realize he really does enjoy our runs together)
3. Run twice early with friends (longest run will be 6 miles this week and all will be at a slower than normal pace, just to make sure I am recovered, any muscle soreness and I will run less)
4. Do two, half hour strength classes. (So miss my Jillian Twin beatings)
(next week I will add back in my swimming and biking)
1. Put my typed list of daily assignments into action.
2. Have a Craigslist gathering session with my husband. As I was cleaning areas of our home these last 4 weeks, I noticed we had a lot of large items sitting around here and there that are not getting used so my husband and I have scheduled a few hours this week to gather all the items into one place. Then next week when he has 3 days off in a row, I will list them all on Craigslist.
2.Get one more ball of yarn knitted towards my big project.
1. Go somewhere for a 2 to 3 hours period and work on my e-book (voices in my head “it is not silly, if the tips I shared in it helped me they will help others”)
2. Change the profile picture of my Facebook page. The snail is blurry! I need to ask my friend who was so kind to make my banner at no cost, where she got it, so I can make a smaller image of it.
That makes 10 goals for the week.
How about you? Do you ever have those down days where you feel so discouraged? What do you do to break out of the negative head space?
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!