Last updated on July 22nd, 2021 at 05:11 pm
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I have always been some what of a struggling learner. From an early age what came naturally to most was frustrating to me. However, I had and encouraging mother who told me repeatedly “Victoria, you are going to have to work harder but don’t let that stop you from succeeding”.
I haven’t: the journey I have walked has often contained puddles of my tears of frustration but it has also contained many steps off the path to grab others to help me along my way, and blogging hasn’t been any different.
Thankfully, I am living in the internet age where help is just a few strokes of the keyboard away and a lot of it is free.
6 free sources of free help for bloggers
1. Blogging with Amy: I am an visual learner, you can tell me something 100 times over and I will give you a blank stare all 100 times, show me once or perhaps twice and I will get it. Amy is a visual learner’s dream, she videos most steps and others she illustrates through pictures. Amy also breaks down everything into small snail pacing friendly steps.
(funny story: I talked about Amy so much when I first started blogging that my children asked when they were going to meet this new friend I was spending my mornings with)
2. Google: Google and I have become best friends in 2012. A tip I have learned is if you are not finding what you want from your first search try rewording your search.
3. Pinterest: When I do find great information on improving my blog that I want to refer back to now and again, I pin them to my blogging tips board or if they have to do with photography (an important aspect of blogging) I pin them to my photography tips board. Twitter tips go on my Twitter board, and Pinterest tips, go on my Pinterest board.
I now have a great reference library for blogging available just clicks away.
4. Pray: Prayer doesn’t require getting on a computer, and it works every time. Sometimes I have just had to step away from the computer and pray my current blogging concerns to God and let Him take care of it.
It never fails that He will have me discover a setting I have never seen before, or stumble across a blog post that answers one of my questions.
5. Books: I have taken to reading every free kindle book, free e-book or library borrowed real print and paper book that I can get that covers anything remotely related to blogging. I find most of my free kindle edition titles through e-reader girl.
One year later update and the 6th place to find free help: It has been a year since I have written this and I still use all the source above to help me out, but I have also added one more that has proven to be an amazing resource for me: Facebook Groups. I have been invited to several blogging facebook groups in the past year, some just were not a good fit and others have become a gold mine of not just help, but friendship. I suggest you join any you get invited too, introduce yourself, spend a bit of time being helpful when you can, and then when you have a question people you have helped will probably be willing to help you back.
Other things I would now add to this post now that I have another 12 months of blogging under my belt:
A. There are a tonne of great sites out there for help: here is a list of my top 10 sites I love for blogging help.
B. Use Pinterest not just to store information you find that you might use later, but also to find blogging tips. Enter your search into the search box, for instance say you want to increase your facebook intereaction enter “Facebook Page Tips” into the search box and start researching.
If you are a blogger, and love a certain site for blogging help, I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
If you are a fellow mom trying to grow your blog into a steady income source without letting it take over your life join my Snail Pacing Bloggers Facebook Group.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!