(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
Back to school shopping time will be here in a blink of an eye. I might homeschool my children but I attended public school as a child and so I can remember all the purchases that went along with going back to school.
It seems like most back to school purchases fit into one of two categories, school supplies or clothes, and Swagbucks can help you earn money to pay for purchases in both these categories.
A Swagbucks $5 gift card is 500 points and they have a great selection of different retailers that offer either school supplies or back to school clothing or both.
Gift cards available for stores offering school supplies
Gift cards available for stores offering back to school clothes
- JC Penny
- Old Navy
- Children’s Place
Now is a great time to start racking up the Swag Bucks so that you can cash them in for gift cards that will help reduce your cost of sending the kids back to school, and here is a plan of how you can earn $50 in one month with Swagbucks without having to fill out a single survey if you don’t want to.
How To Earn $50 A Month With Swagbucks
To earn $50 in Swagbucks gift cards a month you need 5000 points per month, (less if you are getting Amazon cards but for easier math we are sticking to 5000 for this plan), that works out to 1250 points a week. Here is how to achieve it.
1. Do the daily NOSO for 2 points a day = 60 Swag Bucks
2. Use the daily toolbar at least once a day for one point = 30 Swag Bucks
3. Complete the daily survey each day for one point = 30 Swag Bucks
5. Run the Swagbucks TV App daily for 40 points = 1200 Swag Bucks
6. Click the Discover Tab and complete the Read tasks = 30 Swag Bucks ( this varies depending on what is available but just this week I was able to earn 30+ Swag Bucks in a matter of minutes so I know it is a safe estimate)
7. Download the EntertaiNow App and run the videos each day for 30 points a day = 900 Swag Bucks
8. Perform all you web searches through the Swagbucks toolbar or home page =400 Swag Bucks (I went through my Swagbucks earning history and found that I earned between 100 to 200 Swag Bucks a week through searches so this should be a realistic number to aim at earning)
9. Do the Daily Crave each day for 1 point = 30 Swag Bucks
10. Run Swagbucks TV on you laptop while you are working in another window. Okay so this going to sound like a crazy amount of videos to shoot for and it is ,but please read #11 for ways to reduce the number of videos you need to watch. Also the animal channel has very short videos making the process go faster. Now for the math
numbers 1 through 8 give you 3180 points in one month leaving you 1820 points short of the 5000 Swag Bucks per month goal. To get those last remaining Swag Bucks using videos you need to watch 203 video shorts a day (202.66 actually but you don’t earn points for a partial video so I rounded up 🙂 )
11. There are other things you can do to make the 5000 Swag Bucks a month total we are aiming for with this plan, but the Swag Buck earnings for them vary so much per person that I suggest you keep track of what you earn with them so you know how many videos to cross off your need to watch to make 5000 Swag Bucks a month list.
- Shop through Swagbucks shop and earn feature: Points per store vary and it does take a while for your Swag Bucks to be added to your account but they do really add up.
- Print and use coupons for the Swagbucks coupon area. Every coupon you print and use is worth 10 Swag Bucks
- Buy your daily deals through Swagbucks. Instead of shopping through emails from you favorite daily deal sites or their Apps when you see a deal you want enter the site of your choice like Groupon in the Swagbucks search area and then click on the shop and earn logo and earn Swag Bucks on your daily deal purchase.
- Share Swagbucks with friends. Swagbucks is too good of a program to keep to yourself and when you share it and your friends sign up you get 10% of their earnings for life right now.
- Do a special offers. Each day take just a minute or two to scroll down the Swagbucks home page and see if their is a special offer you might be able to take advantage of for points. Often all you have to do is answer a few questions.
- Watch Encrave videos yes more videos but I have heard from my readers that you can earn Swag Bucks faster through the Encrave tab than you can through the Swagbucks TV tab.
- Complete Surveys and Tasks. Warning these two point earning options can be time consuming and mind numbingly boring, I suggest if you are going to try them you do them in down time when you can multitask a bit like when you are watching TV for instance.
Using this plan for an entire year would give you $600 for Back To School Shopping. True there isn’t that long until back to school shopping time as I write this but even $50 towards back to school purchases would help the budget.If this plan seems too time consuming for you, perhaps my $30 a month in under 5 minutes a day plan would suit you better and it would net you $360 in one year for Back To School Shopping.
Not a member of Swagbucks yet? Click through and sign up today and start earning gift cards to help out your budget.