Last updated on August 17th, 2019 at 03:40 am
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I have written and rewritten my goals for 2014 several times in the last few weeks. I wanted to make sure the goals I set were SMART goals, meaning they were specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.
In past years I have just written down the first 10 things that have popped into my mind that I really want to do, and then within the first month of the year I toss half of them realizing that although they are great goals, I am not in a season of live where they are realistic or attainable.
I also wanted to make sure my goals reflected a balanced life. Since I love working out I often set a lot of physical goals for myself but forget other equally important or more important areas of my life.
My Snail-Pacing Goals For 2014
3 Goals For My Mind
- Read 52 books this year : I plan to list them in my weekly goal post to help keep me accountable.
- Memorize a bible verse a month
- Watch the Children’s grammar series all the way through : When I was younger I was told by numerous English Teachers and College Professors that I have a powerful writing style but horrible grammar. Time and time again I would get a piece of writing back with the words “I so badly want to give you an A, but your grammar prevents me from doing so”. Now that I am writing on a regular basis I plan to finally see if I can improve it.
3 Goals For My Health
- Lose 10 pounds :When I stopped renovating and started blogging 2 years ago weight slowly started creeping on and I have had enough! I plan to make my battle to loose 10 pounds a blog series on Wednesdays until it is gone.
- Do a 1/2 marathon in the spring and a full in the fall : I suppose you could see this as 2 goals but really the first feeds into the other, I need to be able to complete a 1/2 well in the spring if I am to gear up for doing a full marathon well in the late fall.
- Enter a bike race
3 Spiritual Goals
- Memorize a scripture a month: Point 2 of goals for my mind repeats here.
- Read Jesus is Calling Devotional at night: I love ending my day with writing in my gratitude journal and then reading a devotional. My husband bought me Jesus Calling for Christmas and I can’t wait to dive into it I have heard so many great reviews.
- Continue reading through The Message: A few months back I started reading the book of Proverbs in The Message version of the bible, I loved it so much I just kept on going, currently I am in Jeremiah. I try to read 15 minutes of it each morning. I am not perfect at this discipline but average about 5 days out of 7.
3 Goals For My Marriage
- One “real” date with my hubby each month : By “real” date I am meaning at least 3 solid hours set aside just the two of us with time to talk uninterrupted.
- One overnight each season
- One 3+ night getaway just the 2 of us
3 Business Goals
- Improve my grammar :This overlaps with goal 3 for my mind. I know my blog will benefit from doing this.
- Attend one blogging conference
- Write, have edited, and publish an ebook:
I also set one WOW goal this year after being inspired and convicted by Crystal Paine’s new book “Say Goodbye To Survival Mode”. I am keeping my WOW goal private for now but I wanted to mention it here to encourage you to set one goal this year that pushes you out of your comfort zone. A goal so big you think to yourself NO WAY am I going to make it. A goal so big it awakens the dreamer in you; that part of you that sees all that you can be if you give the goal your all. A goal so big, God has to be in it for your to complete it. In other words set a WOW goal.
Those are my goals for 2014, what are yours? Please share below, if you blogged about it feel free to share your link to your goals.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!