Last updated on August 17th, 2019 at 03:41 am
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I feel like I am not following this challenge at all well, here it is the beginning of week three and I really felt like we have been in use it up mode.
Perhaps a brief look back will help me feel better
1. We did use up all the bags of frozen cookie balls that were in our freezer. This resulted in a very mixed selection of 3 of one type, 6 of another and 2 dozen of a third.
2. I did make muffins to use up some about to expire yogurt I found in the back of the fridge when I was cleaning it.
3. I did not buy any cuts of meat this week, instead using up what we already have in the freezer.
4. When I went grocery shopping I came home with more than my goal amount left in my grocery envelope.
However I did not
1. Make a complete list of what we have in the freezer and cupboards
2. Stick to my grocery list 100%. I got a bit giddy about the lower bill and threw in some cheese wedges .
3. Our biggest eat down the pantry fail for the week is this meal of pizzas made by my hubby. We were having guests over so instead of sticking to toppings we had in the house my husband went all out and purchased 3 different types of peppers, purple onion, fresh mushrooms, ground pork sausage and pickled banana peppers.
But if this is a fail, I don’t want to pass because these pizzas were amazing. Our guests told my husband he needs to open up his own pizza joint because they have never tasted pizza so good.
He used up the flour we had on had to make our bread machine pizza dough recipe, and he did use up all the cheese we had and the pepperoni so that balances it our right?
Goals for this week
1. Make a list of meals we can eat for 8 to 9 days based as much as possible on ingredients we already have on hand.
2. Make a Sam’s Cllub run for more cheese and other cannot live without bulk supplies. Bring the hubby along for a meal out at Panera bread using a point program earned gift card (got to eat down the gift cards too!).
3. Use up the rest of the clearance bought M&M’s and Hershey Kisses in this weeks cookies.
4. Try new recipe that will use up the bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer. (readers if you have suggestions leave them in the comment section)
5. Make up chocolate zucchini cake or brownies to use up frozen zucchini.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!