(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
10 Goals For 2015
I read an advance copy of Money Making Mom this month and if you a mom who is wanting to start a business you are going to want to read this book. See Crystal’s blogs for details about all the goodies you will receive if you buy a copy before it releases November 3rd.
1. Read 52 books this year.
Up to 46 books so far which means I am ahead of schedule in my goal. My favorite for the month would be Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate. It took me a while to get into the story but once I did I was lost in the world the author had created and didn’t want to get out until the story was done.
I had a few health problems pop up last year, that left me thinking I have reached that age where I should be paying more attention to it so I set two goals for my fitness and one goal for eating habits.
2. 1200 Miles Ran in 2015
This month I will be using some but not all of the spare miles I collected the past two months to stay on target for 1200 miles by the end of the year. Mostly due to a famiy trip to Canada and then my running partner being away for a few days.
3. Take an overnight, multi-day bike ride trip with my son
This goal got downsized to a 4 hour bike ride that ended in lunch (you can read why here). Still we enjoyed our ride and hope to fit a a longer trip in next year.
4. Take six small steps over the year to build better eating habits
I didn’t even look at what my healthy eating goal all month long. I have kept 3 of the 6 pounds I lost last month off. However I haven’t weighed myself since getting back from Canada and my fear is that I have gained back the other 3. I just couldn’t keep my hands off all the Canadian treats I haven’t had since our last trip to Canada 6 years ago. They have been clogging up my Instagram feed for over a week now.
These goals are ones I set and achieved in 2014 and I liked how they strengthened my marriage so much that I am doing them again.
5. 1 real date a month with my hubby each and every month: (psst….these have changed to date days) Our date day this month was kind of a wash out. We ended up running errands for a large majority of the day. We have made a pact that date day in November can only have errands after 5 p.m. . Since we start our date day at 8 a.m. and generally end at 8 p.m. that give us a lot of hours to fill with other couple bonding activities.
6. 1 weekend getaway per season just the 2 of us. : Our fall getaway might not happen due to our emergency fund being drained by blown tires and a washer that just gave up working. We are determined however to stick to our goal of one date day per month. We started date days in August and love them. They are much longer than a date night, and a perfect way to get to know each other again now that we have made it through the tiny children in the home years.
7. Declutter one area of my home each and every week of the year.
Trudging though this goal and am still on the Master Bedroom! I plan to move out of the bedroom and on to the attic by mid November.
8. Write a 30,000 word ebook.
I put this goal aside for now to work on a free eBook for email subscribers and guess what I now have that freebie available! (go grab your copy)
9. Do a word study in the bible of the words, discipline, diligence and self control.
DONE all three words. I am now spending time reading the bible starting from the beginning each and every day.
My Wow Goal
10. I like keeping my wow goal very private as it is so dear to my heart. It is just as big as last year if not bigger.
My husband and I decided to take a big step towards making this goal happen. It is going to take a lot of work to see if our investment will pay off but I think it will.
Did you set any goals for yourself this year? If so tell me about them in the comments.
Do You Want To Set And Reach For Goals But You Are Not Even Sure How To Start?
If you are wanting to reach for goals but just can’t seem to fit them in your day let alone reach for them, you are going to want to know about Crystal Paine’s new course Make Over Your Mornings .
This course is not about waking up early, it is about starting your day with intention that carries through until bedtime. The course will teach you how to make realistic goals and see them happen.
I watched all the videos and even though I have followed a lot of the principles shared in the videos for years, I found the course inspired me to improve and live life with even more intention. It has challenged me to rethink my evenings (yes evenings) and tweak my morning routine.
$17 is a steal in my books for what the course offers. There are 14 days of videos and work book instruction and several printables included to help you take action, improve your life, reach and obtain your goals. For more info or to grab your copy click here
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!