Last updated on August 17th, 2019 at 03:44 am
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
10 Goals For 2015
1. Read 52 books this year.
Up to 33 books so far which means I am right ahead in my reading goal right now. My favorite for the month would be Flash. I picked it up from Tyndale Rewards thinking it looked like a nice light,funny, read. I soon found out it was full of deep words of wisdom I needed to hear.
I had a few health problems pop up last year, that left me thinking I have reached that age where I should be paying more attention to it so I set two goals for my fitness and one goal for eating habits.
2. 1200 Miles Ran in 2015
With a few more days left in July it looks like I will make my 100 miles for this month but not make up too many of the 30 I was short last month. I am thinking it is going to take me several months to make up for those uncompleted miles in June.
3. Take an overnight, multi-day bike ride trip with my son
My son and I did get out for one bike ride. We have plans to do a full day ride later this week. I am really not sure when we will squeeze a multi day trip in. Weather just has not been working with us to get out there and build up our endurance on the bikes together. Soccer season will soon start for my son and that will eat into our time to take such a trip.
4. Take six small steps over the year to build better eating habits
I did better on these goals then I did in June but I am not where I would like to be.
These goals are ones I set and achieved in 2014 and I liked how they strengthened my marriage so much that I am doing them again.
5. 1 real date a month with my hubby each and every month: I can’t recall a “real date” happening all of July although we did do a few quick lunch outs and we did take few walks just the 2 of us while camping.
6. 1 weekend getaway per season just the 2 of us. : We spent an entire week in Jamaica just the two of us in honor of our 20th wedding anniversary in June . It was amazing! If you follow me on instagram you probably saw all the pictures. We are considering this our spring and summer getaway so we won’t go away for the weekend again until fall.
7. Declutter one area of my home each and every week of the year.
Trudging though this goal and starting to get a better attitude about it. I am working on our master bedroom right now and even though I am not 1/2 way through my husband walked into the room the other day and said “it is really starting to look nice in here” which made me grin to ear to ear and makes me want to declutter deeper.
8. Write a 30,000 word ebook.
I put this goal aside for now to work on a free eBook for email subscribers. I am about 2/3rds of the way through writing it. Stay posted for more details.
9. Do a word study in the bible of the words, discipline, diligence and self control.
DONE all three words. I am now spending time reading the bible starting from the beginning each and every day.
My Wow Goal
10. I like keeping my wow goal very private as it is so dear to my heart. It is just as big as last year if not bigger.
My husband and I decided to take a big step towards making this goal happen. It is going to take a lot of work to see if our investment will pay off but I think it will.
Did you set any goals for yourself this year? If so tell me about them in the comments.
Do You Want To Set And Reach For Goals But You Are Not Even Sure How To Start?
If you are wanting to reach for goals but just can’t seem to fit them in your day let alone reach for them, you are going to want to know about Crystal Paine’s new course Make Over Your Mornings .
This course is not about waking up early, it is about starting your day with intention that carries through until bedtime. The course will teach you how to make realistic goals and see them happen.
I watched all the videos and even though I have followed a lot of the principles shared in the videos for years, I found the course inspired me to improve and live life with even more intention. It has challenged me to rethink my evenings (yes evenings) and tweak my morning routine.
$17 is a steal in my books for what the course offers. There are 14 days of videos and work book instruction and several printables included to help you take action, improve your life, reach and obtain your goals. For more info or to grab your copy click here
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!