Last updated on August 17th, 2019 at 03:44 am
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
These brownie bite cookies started out as chocolate crinkles but after I messed around with the ingredients a bit to make them slightly more healthy than the original recipe (I replaced the vegetable oil with olive oil, and the white flour with white wheat flour) , my family started referring to them as Brownie Bites and the name stuck.The recipe make one large family batch.
My husband loves dipping these cookies in whip creme, but they are also heavenly on there own. You can also add in a cup or two of chocolate chips if you like, or walnuts: or even a handful of both.
The olive oil does give them a rich taste so if you prefer you could use a lighter oil like canola.
- 2 cups cocoa
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups white wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- preheating oven to 350 degrees
- mix together the oil cocoa and sugar
- beat the eggs and then add them to the mixture
- add in your dry ingredients and stir
- roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheets
- place them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes
- after taking the cookies out of the oven immediately take a spoon and firmly press each cookie down flat.
- I allow them to rest on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!