Do you want to give a Valentine’s day gift to your wife or girlfriend that will wow her? The trick is to make sure the gift matches her love language. Not sure how? Don’t worry–I have a few ideas that should help.
5 Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gifts That Will Speak Her Love Language
(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
If you have no idea what the five love languages are, this list isn’t going to make sense to you. The five love languages developed out of research done by Dr. Gary Chapman and are fully explained in his book, The 5 Love Languages The Secret To Love That Lasts. Everyone has a love tank and a love language. Speak a person’s love language and you fill up their love tank.
1. Words Of Affirmation
- Grab this journal and fill it out. Trust me, she will be reading it over and over for years to come.
- Use a free album code for Shutterfly (here is where to find them) and create a “reasons why I love you” album. Make sure to choose page layouts that allow you to write words of love underneath each picture.
- Buy a great big stack of pink post-it notes and pick one of the first four ideas in this post.
- Write her a list of 10 reasons why you love her.
- Create a video of you telling her why you love her.
- use what you have to do numbers one through four on this list
2. Physical Touch
- Buy a bottle of scented massage oil and wrap it up with a card that says, “I am your masseuse for the night.” Here are a few tips: make sure to warm the oil before using, place a towel down where you plan to give the back rub so that it doesn’t stain surrounding fabrics, dim the lights, and play soft music in the background.
- Grab a dishpan or an inexpensive foot soaking bin, a bag of scented foot soaking salts, some foot scrub, and lotion and give her feet a treat. Bonus points if you include a new shade of nail polish and use it polish her toenails when you are done massaging her feet.
- Rent a movie you know she has wanted to watch and purchase a few of her favorite movie treats. Spend Valentine’s evening cuddling up next to her watching the movie.
- Go to your local library and borrow a movie you know she wants to see. Raid your cupboards for ingredients to make movie snacks (here are a few simple no-bake ideas).
- Use whatever lotion or oil you have on hand to give her a back rub or foot rub.
- Use the free Hoopla app available through many public libraries to access some slow dancing music and throw her a dance party in your living room or kitchen–whichever one has more dancing room.
3. Quality Time
- Purchase a 1000 piece puzzle and set aside an afternoon to complete it with her.
- Does she love games? Purchase her a new one, does she have Tenzi yet? And spend an evening playing it with her.
- Plan an entire evening away. Book a room off Airbnb or through Hipcamp to keep the cost of accommodation low.
- Plan a day hiking trip in a park that you can access for free near you–don’t forget to pack food and drinks for the day.
- Get out the games you already own and hold a game night with snacks from the cupboard.
- Send the kids to grandma’s or to friends and have a night just the two of you in your own home.
4. Receiving Gifts
- Flowers from Trader Joe’s or Aldi are less expensive than pretty much any flower store.
- Create an inexpensive gift basket or gift bag by visiting your local dollar store and filling it up with $1 items that fit a particular theme. For instance, you could do a spa night in a bag and get her a face mask, a bath bomb, lotion, nail polish, etc.
- Earn gift cards to Amazon using these programs and buy her a gift you know she will love.
- Use what ingredients you have in your fridge and cupboards to create a gift–here are 22 ideas.
- Use whatever items you have on hand to create a DIY gift. Use Pinterest to come up with ideas. For instance, here are ideas of what you can make with old jeans, and here is a Pinterest board full of gifts you can make using t-shirts.
5. Acts Of Service
- Go out and buy the supplies needed to fix that item she loves that is broken and then repair it.
- Does she always mention that she wants to eventually paint something a certain color? Purchase the paint and paint it.
- Has she been putting off getting something repaired that you can’t do? See if you can hire someone to come over and take care of it for her.
- Clean that room in the house she complains about the most.
- If she has the supplies all ready to do a task, but just has not gotten around to it–do it.
- Send her out for the day and then surprise her by having her come home to a home that has been tidied by you and a meal cooked by you using ingredients you found in the kitchen.
Perhaps you read this list and the whole time you were thinking, “But I don’t know what her love language is!” If that is you, You can visit the site for the book to download a simple test you can have your wife or girlfriend take to figure out what her love language is or better yet–take it together so each of you knows how to best show love to each other.
3 More Posts Full Of Great Valentine’s Day Gift & Date Ideas
- 5 Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas For Him
- A Frugal Valentine’s Day Guide: Express Your Love The Thrifty Way!
- Creative Ways To Use Post-It Notes As A Romantic Valentine’s Day Surprise
Want to save or earn money? Join my Thrifty People Of Snail Pace Transformations Facebook group.