(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
I completed 2 out of 3 goals that I set for myself last week
Last weeks goals
Read last weeks goals in full here….
1. I did redo 5 posts for Pinterest
- Bread Machine Pizza Dough
- Enjoying Free Food & Gifts With Birthday Clubs
- 10 Free Sources of Coupons
- How To Reach Your Goals
- Creating A Simple To Update Address Book
2. I did not write out my verses yet but I did finish my goal from last week which was to map out my runs so that I am ready to run a full Marathon in October or November (waiting on dates for a few more things before I pick and pay for my Marathon race entry)
3. I did get up at 5 each morning. Okay so one morning I got up remembered spin class did not start until 6 so I crawled into bed and thought through what I wanted to do that day for 20 minutes but I was awake; just not fully out of bed yet.
3 goals for this week
1. Redo another 5 pins for Pinterest. This is becoming a long standing weekly goal. I cannot believe the difference redoing my pictures is making to my blog traffic. One pin I did had under 50 pins before I redid it and within a week it shot up to over 1000 pins.
2. I am going to have more time available to write this week, so I am going to attempt to get one whole week ahead in writing. That means writing 10 posts in one week.
3. I really do want to reach the goal of memorizing 12 verses so I am going to move this goal from last week to this week.
3 pictures from our week
All week long I share photos on Instagram so be sure to follow me there.
Sunday and Monday we had a bit of warmer weather (well those of you in warm states would probably challenge me on that statement but it was in the 40’s which is warm for Indiana in January) so I took full advantage of it by getting out and running both days. Sunday was a solo 6 miles, and Monday was 1.5 miles with my daughter. I love running with her. We are already thinking of a few fun 5 ks to do together this year.
Crystal shared all about her bookshelf full of books to read over at Modern Mrs Darcy and I started to suffer from bookworm envy. Horrible disease; I remedied it by gathering all the books I have yet to read from all over the house and filled up the piano bench I use as a coffee table; all but 3 books fit. I feel cured of my bookworm envy and can’t wait to dig in to my hidden stash.
My son wants to build his own computer. My husband and I think this would be a great skill for him to learn so we are doing whatever we can to encourage him. Right now that means providing him with work to earn the money he needs for computer parts. Since we are in the depths of a Midwest winter right now that meant I had to get creative (normally there is plenty of yard work in good weather). In just one “what can he do” glance around the house I saw all my marvelous yard sale finds still in their “to be painted” condition. Aiden is doing a great job with his first piece.
A post to check out
I let you all take a peek at how I organize my days and weeks both house work and blog work. It is simple, but it works for me and that is what your organization sheets should do; they should work for you.
A book a week for 2014
I made it my goal to read 1 book a week this year.
I am currently reading….
1. In real paperback form
(psst…I got this from paperbackswap.com a great site to get books for just the cost of shipping)
2. On my Kindle App.
3 things I tossed this week
Inspired by The Clutter Busting Challenge I decided to toss, sell or give away three things each week and post a picture of it here for accountability.
While organizing my books I found two that I was done with and put them in the give pile. I also tossed 2 work books that I got at a yard sale for .25 cents that when I unwrapped them I discovered needed a textbook I do not own. Sometimes you win with yard sale finds and sometimes you lose, this time I lost.
Want to become better at setting realistic goals and breaking them down into manageable pieces? I recommend Crystal Paine’s ebook 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life.
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!