(Links in this post are affiliate links. I will be compensated when you make a purchase by clicking those links. See my disclosure page for more information)
10 Goals For 2015
1. Read 52 books this year.
Up to 27 books so far which means I am right on target for finishing 52 books this year. My favorite for the month would be Steal Like An Artist: 10 Things No One Ever Told You About Being Creative. In fact I liked it so much I want to order it in paperback (I got it in kindle format) so I can reread it whenever I need to be inspired in my work. I reread very few books so that is saying a lot. It is short and simple but impactful.
I had a few health problems pop up last year, that left me thinking I have reached that age where I should be paying more attention to it so I set two goals for my fitness and one goal for eating habits.
2. 1200 Miles Ran in 2015
Not a good month for this goal, it looks like by months end on Tuesday I will be at around 70 miles. I am going to have to do a lot of make up miles these next few months to get me back on track.
3. Take an overnight, multi-day bike ride trip with my son
I was hoping to at least get our bikes out and ride a few times but between rain, and an event packed month it didn’t happen.
4. Take six small steps over the year to build better eating habits
Total blow out on this goal. Time to press the reset button.
These goals are ones I set and achieved in 2014 and I liked how they strengthened my marriage so much that I am doing them again.
5. 1 real date a month with my hubby each and every month: My husband and I enjoyed a meal out just the two of us for his birthday last week
6. 1 weekend getaway per season just the 2 of us. : We spent an entire week in Jamaica just the two of us in honor of our 20th wedding anniversary. It was amazing! If you follow me on instagram you probably saw all the pictures. We are considering this our spring and summer getaway so we won’t go away for the weekend again until fall.
7. Declutter one area of my home each and every week of the year.
Trudging though this goal and starting to get a better attitude about it. With each week that I stay on track decluttering just one small area our home is becoming easier and easier to keep clean.
8. Write a 30,000 word ebook.
I put this goal aside for now to work on a free eBook for email subscribers. I am about 2/3rds of the way through writing it. Stay posted for more details.
9. Do a word study in the bible of the words, discipline, diligence and self control.
DONE all three words. I am now spending time reading the bible starting from the beginning each and every day.
My Wow Goal
10. I like keeping my wow goal very private as it is so dear to my heart. It is just as big as last year if not bigger.
My husband and I decided to take a big step towards making this goal happen. It is going to take a lot of work to see if our investment will pay off but I think it will.
Did you set any goals for yourself this year? If so tell me about them in the comments.
Do You Want To Set And Reach For Goals But You Are Not Even Sure How To Start?
If you are wanting to reach for goals but just can’t seem to fit them in your day let alone reach for them, you are going to want to know about Crystal Paine’s new course Make Over Your Mornings .
This course is not about waking up early, it is about starting your day with intention that carries through until bedtime. The course will teach you how to make realistic goals and see them happen.
I watched all the videos and even though I have followed a lot of the principles shared in the videos for years, I found the course inspired me to improve and live life with even more intention. It has challenged me to rethink my evenings (yes evenings) and tweak my morning routine.
$17 is a steal in my books for what the course offers. There are 14 days of videos and work book instruction and several printables included to help you take action, improve your life, reach and obtain your goals. For more info or to grab your copy click here
Get snail-e-mail in your inbox each week!
A weekly email with the feel of snail mail. A peek into my week, a few deals so good I just have to share, and links to all of Snail Pace Transformations latest posts!