(post contains affiliate links see disclosure)
Peppermint anything is one of my favorite holiday flavors. Ice cream is one of my favorite treats. Put the two together and you have a combination I have trouble staying away from, although with my kids help this temptation didn’t last for long.
My Peppermint Candy Ice Cream contains just 4 ingredients:
(I know the picture shows vanilla but I was making several recipes at once and messed up when I snapped the picture it should be a bottle of peppermint extract in the picture, not vanilla, sorry )
The recipe is so simple to make my 10 year old can make it all on her own. It also takes just a few minutes to prepare. It does however take an entire day to freeze, so you will have to wait a while to enjoy it.
I use to make my no machine needed ice-cream recipes in a huge glass measuring cup with a lid, but then I saw a picture in a magazine of a similar recipe and they had used a rectangular pyrex container with a lid . I tried it this time and I love it! much easier to scoop.
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping creme
- 2 to 3 drops of peppermint extract
- ½ cup of crushed peppermint candies
- Whip the heavy whipping creme in a freezer safe glass or metal container (one with a lid) using an electric hand mixer until firm
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- Add in peppermint extract and crushed candies and stir well
- Place lid on container and allow to freeze 10 to 12 hours
- Scoop into bowls and enjoy