(post contains affiliate links: see disclosure)
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars are a favorite of my son Aiden. He loves anything peanut butter and he is also pretty fond of chocolate.
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- pure vanilla
- peanut butter (not the natural kind it has to be the type with added oils and sugar to work properly)
- granulated sugar
First you mix the peanut butter and sugar together. I like to crack the eggs in a separate bowl with the vanilla and then lightly beat the eggs. I then add that mixture to the peanut butter and sugar. When that is all mixed together I add in the chocolate chips.
I then place the mixture in a lightly greased 9 by 13 pan and place it in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. It really depends on how chewy you like your cookie bars and how hot your oven cooks.
If you want a peanut butter treat without sugar try my peanut butter balls.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- mix together the peanut butter and sugar.
- combine eggs and vanilla in separate bowl and whisk lightly.
- add egg mixture to peanut butter and sugar and combine well.
- place the mixture in a lightly greased 9 by 13 pan and press down lightly.
- place in a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes depending on how firm you like your cookie bars and how hot your oven cooks.
- should be golden brown around the edges when done.