(post contains affiliate links: see disclosure)
10 Goals For 2015
1. Read 52 books this year.
Up to 47 books so far which means I am slightly behind schedule but I have 3 books in process right now….
- One on my Kindle (which I saw (and grabbed) for free a while back on Spirit Filled Kindle)
- One paperback (which I got free from Tyndale Rewards)
- One on audible (I took advantage of a 3 month trial for just $9 through Living Social, as I type this the deal is still available, just type audible into the search box at Living Social and it should pop up)
I am halfway or further into all three of these books so I am not worried about making it to 52 books by the end of the year.
I had a few health problems pop up last year, that left me thinking I have reached that age where I should be paying more attention to it so I set two goals for my fitness and one goal for eating habits.
2. 1200 Miles Ran in 2015
This month I will be using some but not all of the spare miles I collected in August and September to stay on target for 1200 miles by the end of the year. Mostly due to a rainy, snowy, and icy November.
3. Take an overnight, multi-day bike ride trip with my son
This goal got downsized to a 4 hour bike ride that ended in lunch (you can read why here). Still we enjoyed our ride and hope to fit a a longer trip in next year.
4. Take six small steps over the year to build better eating habits
I have pretty much stopped pursuing this goal and shifted my focus to changing my diet to help keep a problem I had fixed–fixed. The changes in diet I needed to do for this are pretty much right in line with my 6 step goals so really I haven’t strayed too far off the goal–I am just concentrating on them as a whole instead of one at a time.
These goals are ones I set and achieved in 2014 and I liked how they strengthened my marriage so much that I am doing them again.
5. 1 real date a month with my hubby each and every month: (psst….these have changed to date days)
We had an amazing November date day. We are both enjoying these longer dates and looking forward to our one planned in December.
6. 1 weekend getaway per season just the 2 of us. : We won’t be having anymore weekend getaways for 2015 due to several emergency fund draining incidents, plus we are currently renovating another home into a rental. Once the home is rented we plan on taking the first month rent and going away for a long weekend just the 2 of us. It will be a nice reward for a project well done.
7. Declutter one area of my home each and every week of the year.
I switched to working on the attic during November. The clutter pile was huge when I started but now I can at least walk down down the entire span of the attic. I plan to finish the year here. I have been recently inspired to keep decluttering in 2016 so stay tuned for the announcement of what that challenge will look like.
8. Write a 30,000 word ebook.
I put this goal aside for now to work on a free eBook for email subscribers and guess what I now have that freebie available! (go grab your copy)
I thought perhaps this month I might have sometime to return to work on the eBook and I did for 2 afternoons but that wasn’t enough to finish it. I am hoping perhaps to get it completed in early 2016.
9. Do a word study in the bible of the words, discipline, diligence and self control.
DONE all three words. I am now spending time reading the bible starting from the beginning each and every day.
My Wow Goal
10. I like keeping my wow goal very private as it is so dear to my heart. It is just as big as last year if not bigger.
I haven’t looked at how this goal is going for a while but I think it is going to be close.
Did you set any goals for yourself this year? If so tell me about them in the comments.
Do You Want To Set And Reach For Goals But You Are Not Even Sure How To Start?
If you are wanting to reach for goals but just can’t seem to fit them in your day let alone reach for them, you are going to want to know about Crystal Paine’s new course Make Over Your Mornings .
This course is not about waking up early, it is about starting your day with intention that carries through until bedtime. The course will teach you how to make realistic goals and see them happen.
I watched all the videos and even though I have followed a lot of the principles shared in the videos for years, I found the course inspired me to improve and live life with even more intention. It has challenged me to rethink my evenings (yes evenings) and tweak my morning routine.
$17 is a steal in my books for what the course offers. There are 14 days of videos and work book instruction and several printables included to help you take action, improve your life, reach and obtain your goals. For more info or to grab your copy click here