(post contains affiliate links see disclosure)
Filling an Easter basket for little kids is so much easier to do on a tight budget. You can get a coloring book and crayons, some jelly beans and a chocolate bunny and be set. Teenagers aren’t generally happy with coloring books and crayons but there still are ways to fill their Easter baskets inexpensively.
10 Ideas for Easter Basket Fillers For Boys
1. Use point reward programs like Swagbucks and Bing Rewards to earn gift cards and put them in the basket. Teenager boys love iTunes, Amazon, and Gamestop and all three are available through Swagbucks.
2. Flip Flops: My boys love Old Navy Flip Flops for wearing to the beach and pool during summer time and many styles are under $5.
3. Portable Chargers: Portable chargers start at $20 making them not the most inexpensive basket filler but it will probably be one of the most used ones. We have 3 of these Anker Astro chargers and love them.
4. Music CD’s : I recently got the Family Christian store flyer and noticed some older but still great CD’s of all the bands my son is into are just $5 each in store. I know many teenagers don’t use CD’s anymore and I covered their music needs with point one, but my kids still love them and surly they are not the only ones.
5. Body spray or hair gel: It is not just teenage girls that are into how they smell and how their hair looks.
6. Paracord bracelet: I see a lot of teenage boys wearing paracord bracelets which start at around $5
7. iPod Case: My young teenage son messages his friends all the time on his iPod and therefore goes no where without it. His cases get beat up fast and since new ones start around $5 I just might surprise him with a new one in his Easter basket this year.
8. Baseball cap: With a bit of clearance rack mastery you might be able to find a really cool new cap for the teenager in your life for less than you think.
9. T-shirt: Teenage boys are big on t-shirts with sayings. I know from experience that if you search the clearance racks these shirts are less than $10 and sometimes less than $5.
10. Comic Books: My one some loves Archie comics, and although $6 or more for a comic makes me gasp, they make a great Easter basket filler that I know will literally loved to death (he reads and rereads them until the pages fall out).
10 Easter Basket Gift Ideas For Girls
2. Nail Polish and Nail Art: Nail polish is big in the teenage girl world. Many stores carry little pots of it for just $1 each. Amazon has lots of different nail tools for very little money.
3. Lip Balm: My daughter squealed when I gave her an EOS’s lip balm, so I am guessing these are sort of a big deal for girls.
4. Journals: This age group is all about the secrets shared only with their Diaries. You can purchase a nice looking journal for under $5.
5. Flip Flops: Old Navy has a huge selection of inexpensive yet fashionable flip flops.
6. Hair Elastics: I am pretty sure my daughter has magical talents in the art of making hair elastics disappear and I hear she is not the only one. Surprise her with some trendy wild colored and printed ones for a practical yet fun Easter basket gift.
7. Headbands: Can a teenage girl ever have enough headbands.
8. Jewelery: Scan the clearance racks for necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings.
9. Craft Supplies: I don’t think I have ever meet a girl in this age group that doesn’t like doing some type of craft. Whether it be beading, sewing, scrapbooking or knitting, you could add some supplies for their favorite craft to their Easter basket. (here are a few ways to save money purchasing craft supplies)
10: Body Sprays: Pretty smells are big with this crowd. Got an Eco-conscious gal? I recently purchased a bottle of EO Organic Deodorant spray and love it!
Put something in your teenager’s basket to remind them each and every day of the true reason we celebrate Easter. Jesus Calling comes in many bindings, including a pink one perfect for teenage girls and a brown one perfect for teenage boys. This book is a powerful daily reminder of how much Jesus loves us, and wants to be in relationship with us.