Welcome to my once a month 10 picture sneak peak into my families daily life captured with my iPod because I don’t own a smartphone.
1. I started off the month with a almost 30 mile bike ride with my 12 year old son. We took it slow and made a stop for lunch along the way. At mile 26.2 I shouted out to him “you just completed a marathon” he was shocked at how long a marathon was and that his own mom actually could run that far (don’t tell him but I do start walking more than running right around mile 20).
2. Although May has seemed more rainy than usual there has still been nice days tucked in between the rainy ones. I have taken full advantage of them by setting up my portable office outside whenever it has been nice.
3. Our original home finally sold and with it my husband lost his workshop. Our solution was to get a pre-made 12 by 20 shed delivered to our home. My husband was torn by this decision for a while as he really wanted the challenge of building his own but we simply did not have the money to build it before our previous home sold and once it sold we didn’t have the time to build it. He seems happy with it now although he still needs to do a major clutter busting challenge in there and organize what is left.
4. I love it when I score big at Big Lots. Odwalla bars are my favorite containing ingredients that I know how to pronounce and use in my own cooking. The granola pictured that is my favorite who wouldn’t love a bowl of chocolate for breakfast!
5. All month long I have been busy redoing pictures for recipes on the blog that are actually in focus and make the food look yummy. My photo skills have come a long way in a little over a year of blogging and the aid of my new camera. Redoing pictures meant baking a lot of cookies this month. Cookie baking leads to dough covered beaters. Dough covered beaters lead to well….yummy beater licking.
6. You know there might be a knitter in the car when…..
8. We got our 180 days of school in just before the Memorial day long weekend. Now we are enjoying family summer fun.
10. What could be better than some me time coupled with a nice afternoon McAlister tea and a good book? My 30th book I have read this year! So amazed that I have read that many books in one year. I am now aiming for 75 total by the end of 2013.
What have you been up to lately?