Welcome to daily life captured a monthly 10 picture peak into our lives, through the lens of my i-touch (because I don’t have a smart phone).
1. Dirt Cake: We had friends over last Sunday and I felt spring in the air, and decided it was warm enough again to serve dirt cake. I have no idea why I associate dirt cake with warmer temperatures, but I do.
2. Black Garbage Bag Warm Up Coat: If you are not a runner this might seem an odd fashion item, but large black garbage bags make the best jackets at the beginning of a cold spring morning race. I throw them over my outfit, and then at the last second I shed it. It keeps the body heat in until you start running.
3. Cupcake: I have brought 2 of my 3 children to a cupcake shop called The Flying Cupcake in Indy now. Both of them loved it. Courtney was busy stashing away ideas as to how to decorate our own wacky cupcakes better.
4. Ipad Schooling: We bought a refurbished Ipad for the children and I to use. I have found several great apps for schooling that the children do as part of their school day. What I love most about it is that most apps don’t require internet connection so they can be played anywhere including in the car on the way to a friends house.
5. Yum: If you have been reading my blog for a while you probably already know that I love coffee. I also love Aldi and now I can combine both my loves and enjoy dark chocolate covered coffee beans from Aldi.
6. Matching: I am always on the look out for more ways to streamline my life to buy back precious minutes from things that frustrate me to spend on my passions. Lately socks and gloves have been those “frustrating things”. I decide to streamline by making everyone wear the same style. You are looking at 5 pairs of matching gloves for the 5 people in our home, all bought on clearance. Hoping this ends the “I want to wear the…” arguments.
8. My New Nikes: I love Nike free run shoes for fitness classes, so when I saw this pair marked down to almost 50% off I had to grab them to replace my worn out pair.
9. Swing Chair Season: In between rain and cold we have had a few nice warm days and I took full advantage of them by having my son help me drag the swing chair out of its’ winter home and onto the front porch.
10. Me and some running buddies: Saw someone on instagram take a photo like this one and just had to have my own.