Last Weeks Goals
You can view last weeks goals in full here..
1. I did make tutu skirts with my daughter for our Santa Hustle 5k race.
2. I did rework 5 posts to make them more pin worthy including
- 10 email clubs that will save you money
- Goodwill shopping tips
- What to do in the dressing room at Goodwill so you really get a great bargain
- 6 tips for increasing your savings at Goodwill
- Plan a 7 day menu: Shop every 8 days: Save cash
3. I did give the kitchen a deep cleaning.
This weeks goals
1. Deep clean and organize at least one of the 2 bathrooms ( I really want to do both bathrooms but Christmas events are starting to turn from a trickle to a flood so I don’t know if that would be a practical goal, so I am shooting for 1).
2. Make 5 more posts more pin worthy.
3. Wrap at least half the gifts. I am horrible about putting off wrapping until Christmas Eve and then staying up way to late wrapping and then the big day is like a whirlwind in a fog. It is so much more relaxing if I have all the gifts wrapped by noon the day before.
3 pictures from our week
All week long I share photos on Instagram so be sure to follow me there.
I am so proud of my daughter and my son. They have both been training for the Santa Hustle for weeks and finally when the day arrived it was a cold blustery day but both of them braved the cold and my daughter did the 5K with me while my son did 13.1 miles. His first half marathon at the age of 17.
Here is a tip I learned form a running book, when it is really cold out keep your hands warm by wearing thermal socks instead of mittens. This keeps all your digits together so they can keep each other warm. It does however make it hard to grasp and eat your after race candy. In case you didn’t believe me when I said it was cold check out my sons frozen eyelashes and eyebrows. His face mask also had a frozen spot where he was breathing. Brrr.
A post to check out
As I was putting out our decorations for Christmas this year I couldn’t help but notice that we are thrifty even in how we purchase decorations for Christmas.
Inspired by The Clutter Busting Challenge I decided to toss, sell or give away three things each week and post a picture of it here for accountability.
If you read my kitchen cleaning update you already saw this picture. I was so ecstatic that I got an entire box of things from our kitchen to send to the thrift store plus I gave 3 loaf pans to a fellow church member. Definitely more than three items out of my home this week.
Want to become better at setting realistic goals and breaking them down into manageable pieces? I recommend Crystal Paine’s ebook 21 Days To A More Disciplined Life.