2 out of 3 goals completed from last week.
Last Weeks Goals
1. Completed: I did indeed go for a long bike ride with the hubby during our anniversary trip and just like our anniversary bike ride last year it was an adventure. This year we found some rather large puddles on the dirt trail we took and plowed right on through them one after another after another after another………
2. Complete: I didn’t just read 1 book. I finished Sparkling Green Earrings, the went on to read all of The Ultimate Gift and all of Friendship: A Gift To Give. You can read my thoughts on all these books in my read in 2013 list (they are number #33 #34 #35 on the list).
Why so much reading in one week? Well my hubby and I were camping just the two of us and it is the strangest thing how fast you can finish a book when you don’t have to get up 100 times for pleas of “mom, where is my…” “mom can you fix me ….to eat” “mom..I kind of on accident….”. Plus my hubby is an avid reader too, so often we spend a lot of our just the two of us time curled up together reading books.
3. Incomplete: It just did not feel right to put earphones on my head and blocking out my hubby for a long portion of each day while we were away, so I didn’t get to listening to the rest of “More or Less” but I really want to finish it this week as I have loved what I have heard so far.
3 Goals For This Week
1. Finish More Or Less so I can move on to listening to Wrecked: When A Broken World Slams into Your Comfortable Life.
2. Get a plan and get organized for “Birthday Week” . 3 birthdays in 6 days. My daughter’s, my hubby’s, and my younger son’s. VERY BUSY but oh such a joyous week.
3. Register and create a training plan for a local sprint-tri in late September.
3 Pictures From Our Week
1. My hubby and I got away for 3 nights and 4 days to Sand Dunes State park just the 2 of us in a celebration of 18 years of marriage. We enjoyed great food (most cooked by my hubby on his grill) walks along the beach, and lots of time cuddling up and reading books and watching movies together (yes our Craigslist bought travel trailer has a TV and a DVD player, we don’t exactly rough it. OH but we do use the campgrounds showers and toilet so that is kind of roughing it right?).
2. I said all week to my hubby, I love the great lakes except for I miss the waves of the ocean (I grew up with the ocean less than a 15 minute drive away). On our last day I went out for a run and headed towards the beach and was greeted by WAVES. Yes they were small but they were oh so pleasing to this ocean raised girl, and I thanked God for His gift to me.
3. I am not at all exaggerating when I say this is one of a handful of naps this child has taken since she was just over a year old. I guess 4 nights and 5 days of playing with various friends while your parents are away will wear you out. So precious!
A Post To Check Out
It is summer time and that means family road trips for many families. Here is how our family uses every last inch of cargo space on road trips. You might also want to check out the “Family Travel Tips” board I created on Pinterest.
3 Things I tossed This Week
Inspired by The Clutter Busting Challenge I am posting a picture of 3 things I donated, sold or tossed out of my home each week. This week no picture can be taken of what I tossed, since this past week, I tossed the to do list, I tossed daily routine and I tossed my GPS runner’s watch in the drawer for the week. I enjoyed an extended period of rest, and am now ready to get back to every day life renewed.
What did you get up to this week?