When I think of summer I think of good food and great fun. Here are 100 links that share what I mean.
Summer Fun Crafts
2. Spend a summer breeze afternoon making paper airplanes and seeing whose goes the farthest.
3. Take a walk through the flower garden and collect flowers for this craft.
4. Got some scrap lumber kicking around? The children might enjoy making these outdoor wooden blocks.
5. When I was little I so desperately wanted to see if you really could fry an egg on the sidewalk. This mom doesn’t do that but she does allow her kids to melt crayon scraps in her car . (which looks more fun than the egg thing).
6. Go out and blow some bubbles while making art at the same time.
7. These swirling lady bugs would be fun to make and fun to watch.
8. How about some homemade tin can wind chimes
9. Add a bit of fizz to your day with some fizzy sidewalk paint.
10. Older kids might like the challenge of making this rainbow wind mobile.
11. Live near the beach? Try this Sand Cast Bass.
12. How about some juice box boats for the wading pool.
13. Looking for a boat that takes a bit more skill to build try this popsicle boat.
14. Go for a nature walk in the cool of the morning and make these window decorations while safely tucked inside during the intense heat of the afternoon using the treasures you found on your walk.
15. If you have a tire swing you have got to try this craft!
16. Teach the kids about gardening and do a craft at the same time.
17. Magic Ice Chalk would make a perfect activity for a hot summers day.
20. visit my growing Summer Crafts For Kids board on Pinterest throughout the summer for more ideas.
Frozen Treats To Cool You Down On Hot Days
25. Citrus slush
Summer Fun In The Sun
42. Rainbow Paver Hopscotch (love that you can set this up anywhere)
43. I loved playing pick up sticks when I was little so I am loving this giant game of pick up sticks for outdoor use.
44. Make your own ladder golf
45. DIY ring toss game that could be set up anywhere.
47. Fun kids croquet set made out of pool noodles.
49. Go on a neighborhood scavenger hunt.
50. Set up a water balloon target game.
51. Make a viewable planter and see how plants grow below the surface.
52. Set up a pool noodle obstacle course.
53. I think children would have a blast creating this water sprinkler.
55. A simple recipe for homemade bubbles.
56. Create a pool noodle race track.
57. Let your little ones hammer away and keep cool at the same time with this smashing ice fun idea.
58. A list of 101 almost free things to do in summer.
59. Something we all don’t like to think about but something we all need to know to keep summer fun safe: What Drowning Really Looks Like.
60. You will find these ideas and more on my Summer Fun board on Pinterest.
Family Traveling Tips For Those Summer Road Trips
69. I love that these 12 simple activities to keep children busy while traveling are electronic free.
70. You can find these tips and more on my Family Travel Tips board on Pinterest.
Family Camping Tips Tricks and Inspiration
80. You can find all these tips and more on my growing Family Camping board on Pinterest.
Summer Articles You Can Find Right Here On Snail Pace Transformations (or guest posts I wrote for others)
Yard Sale Tips For Sellers and Shoppers
Summer Time Recipes
93. Java chip frappe
Thrifty Summer Tips
By now you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities so I am ending this post with 3 ways to plan for summer without losing your mind
Hope these links inspire you to enjoy your summer with your family to the fullest! Follow me on Pinterest for more great summer ideas.
linked to WFMW at We Are That Family, The Mommy Club at Crystal & Co.,, Welcome Home at Raising Arrows, P31 Thursdays at Raising Mighty Arrows, Thriving Thursdays at Serving Joyfully, Hearts For Home at Upside Down Homeschooling, Thrifty Thursday at Living Well Spending LessPin It